The normative references allow to make it practices progress towards quality to reach performance and excellence.
But when the number of references multiplies, we can ask the question of an Integrated Management System. What are the advantages and how to reach this goal?
Today, the implementation of a Management system joins a more general scope where other subjects such as sustainable development, security, corporate social responsibility, computing must be taken into account.
These subjects are generally taken into account through management references :
- Quality management : ISO 9001 quality management system; Product/Service certification (NF).
- IT sector management :IT production quality management (ITIL; ISO/CEI 20 000), Information security (ISO/CEI 27 001),computing developments practices (CMMI).
- Sustainable development management : ISO 26000, ISO 14001 environmental management; guide SD 21 000
- Performance management : Professional Equality Label ; Diversity Label ; Investors in People ; SA 8000 ; SAS 70.
- EFQM® Excellence model :the self-assessment allows to detect strengths and weaknesses of an organization by a methodical and formalized auto-diagnosis.
The multiplicity of these references brings organizations to reflect about the implementation of an Integrated Management system (SMI).
This SMI allows to rationalize the efforts to put in conformity all these multiple references while assuring their conformity and the organization performance.
How to operate a SMI?
If the objective of a SMI, and its multiple advantages, are simple to understand, we still have to implement this project…which is much less simple. We often say that the sum of the different parts is bigger than the performances of each different part. It’s the same fo challenges to overcome when we start an SMI project.
First challenge, which references?
Only you can answer this question because it depends on your organisation and priority goals which were defined by the Executive management team.
The second challenge, where to begin?
Once you have your target references, it is necessary to identify which potential zone to divide into halves. Indeed, according to references, it is possible that certain requirements can be rationalized. Only a certification consultant with an expert knowledge on various references can help you on this mission.
Last challenge, what tool?
Indeed, the SMI implementation will be even faster if the adequate tool is used. When you make your choice, it is possible to choose two totally different strategies:
- Packaged software, dedicated QHSE Management System;
- Custom-made software, dedicated to specificities and indicators.
Each of these options can be the good one, depending on your need.
You could be interested with (French version only) :
More information about other references :
- Certification des établissements de santé
- Certification de service
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- ISO 22000
- ISO 26000
- Investors in People (IIP)
- Label Diversité
- Label Égalité Professionnelle
- OHSAS 18001